Why Should Your Fleet Consider Adopting Alternative Fuel And Advanced Technology Vehicles Today?
With 10 million public and private fleet vehicles currently on the road in the United States using over 95 percent petroleum-based fuels, fleets have a real opportunity to reduce their petroleum consumption, have a positive impact on the environment, and save money.
- Alternative fuels allow drivers and fleet managers to reduce petroleum use, minimize emissions, and save on fuel costs.
- Alternative fuels reduce dependence on foreign exports and create a more stable energy market less susceptible to supply and price volatility.
- Alternative fuels offer air quality benefits to make communities cleaner and safer as well as help meet increasingly stringent emission requirements and Corporate Average Fuel Economy standards.
Procure Clean Sustainable Fleets with Fleets for the Future
Fleets for the Future (F4F) is a national partnership of regional councils, Clean Cities coalitions, and industry experts led by the National Association of Regional Councils. In this project, F4F is:
- Charged with coordinating five regional procurement initiatives and one national scale procurement initiative designed to consolidate bulk orders of alternative fuel vehicles and related infrastructure.
- Focused on reducing the incremental costs of propane, electric, and natural gas powered vehicles, and refueling and charging infrastructure.
- Creating best practices and templates on alternative fuel usage and related infrastructure, as well as vehicle procurement strategies and policies.
- Advancing fuel-efficient vehicle technologies to decrease petroleum consumption through targeted outreach, education, and best practices deployment.
Interested in Participating in Fleets for the Future?
Please fill out the information below so we can learn more about your fleet's needs and how we can help!